Friday, August 1, 2008

Another coat of non-skid (before pics)

Taped but not trimmed.
Notice the uneven brush/roller marks in the unflattened first coat picture of the deck below.

rolled.

I already have so much time invested in this deck rebuild, whats another two days worth of work. I scrubbed the deck with TSP on tuesday, Taped the non skid areas on wednesday, Sanded the bow and deck on thursday, AndI got up at 530 and started sanding the nonskid on last time with a longboard and small block for the tape line. I awlprepped it, alcohol wiped it, and put one last coat of flattened awlgrip with a conservative amount of course griptex particles. (I guess thats more than two days). I mixed up too much. I was worried about running out so I didn't plan on recoating the cockpit. I wish I had, I had about a quart of mix left over. I'm glad i bought so much paint but I probably only needed half. Overall I'm happier with the result. I kept a wet edge and went more carefully this time, we'll see if it looks good once its dry. It might take me a while to remount everything cause I'm out of cash and I need roughly $1300 for all my new things I want. I'm getting a harken windward sheeting traveller system, new t-tracks for my blocks, new fasteners for everything, and a new halyard block and clutch for my main halyard, and G10 frp for backing plates. Then if I win the lottery which might be difficult since I don't play, I'm getting a harken MKIV roller furling for the front, that'll be another $3300 with a sail. I'll stop rambling now.

No comments: