Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cabin interior complete for now





Cabin ceiling and deck was scrubbed with artificial steel wool pads and TSP, Awlprepped, sanded with random orbital 60 grit, primed with Awlgrip 545 primer, then lightly scuffed. The ceiling was painted with BEHR exterior enamel(alpine snow white). I rolled it. The cabin floor was painted with AWLGRIP light grey topside paint, flattened and mixed with course griptex additive for a non-skid surface. I also cleaned /primed and nonskid painted the teak cover to the bilge. I didn't like the slimy feeling under foot when the wood was wet. Mahogany trim pieces were installed in the companionway with 3M 4000UV sealant. No need for screws, this shit is tenacious. I will eventually repaint the original yellow FRP surfaces with left over awlgrip, I just don't feel like it right now. Priority is on remounting hardware.

No comments: