Thursday, May 29, 2008

Almost Ready to Prime

I've faired, and sanded. I've removed everything from the deck including the hatches and portlights. I've filled everything that needs it. I'm going to try to prime on sunday. This is a more difficult job than normal because i'm in the water tied to the dock. I need to relocated all of my lines to the mast. I just hope the winds don't pick up. I still need to remove, inspect and replace the chainplates; fair the traveller rail; coat the faired areas with unthickened epoxy; wash, scrub, then degrease the deck again; sand the entire deck again; tape off the portlights, hatches, toerails, and cockpit lockers; and wake up early on sunday to degrease the deck and prime, using the roll and tip method. pics to follow. I also decided not to paint the hull super jet black when I pull her. I think I'm going to stick with light gray for the entire boat. Black would just be entirely too hot down below in 82 degree year round weather. Damn it.

No comments: