Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Act Of Fairing Sucks

I've faired my big repairs about 4 times now and I am not happy with the process. I need to mix more epoxy and just build the whole damn thing up an longboard sand it down.
I took off my seahood. It has cracks all along the edges. Luckily the lip that the seahood attaches to isn't beat up. I am going to remove my chocks, cleat and waste fill cap up on the bow. I ordered new ones. The cleats I ordered are the attwood pull up flush cleats. I'm going to mount two of them up front, and to the side of where the original one is located. I found a website where they are cheap. http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-575-neat-cleat-stainless-steel-retractable-flush-6.aspx. I also ordered new high speed flush hinges for my lids in the cockpit and anchor locker. That website has free ups ground shipping also. I'm going to fill cracks in my seahood and fair the deck some more tonight.

No comments: