Thursday, May 8, 2008

Glassed starboard





Glassed the starboard side and faired the port side. I also found a "void" from the factory in a delaminated spot up on the bow. It made a hollow sound when i hit it and upon further investigation (grinding) i found the balsa sheets must have married up here and there was a 1/3 inch drop from one sheet to the other. This resulted in a void where the skin was not attached to the core. There was also some wood putty in there. Original gelcoat and no evidence of prior repair. I just ground it out and glassed it with a few more layers than needed. I also had a 8 foot hammerhead shark banging up against the side of my hull where the fenders are in the picture. It was chasing something in between the boat and the pier and must have gotten caught for a sec. Wish I had a pic of that.

No comments: