Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bugs in the handrails

I brought all the equipment to the boat. It was raining today so I figure I'd do something productive and work from the inside. I tried to remove the handrails because water is leaking from a couple of screws holding it. I first attempted to do the screw-through-the-bung drill trick in order to gain access to the screws. I then remembered I don't plan on keeping any wood handrails so I just broke out the angle grinder and used the cut-off wheel to cut into the rail from the topsides and just cut through the screw. I then popped the top rail off and went below to remove the inside rails. Thats when i noticed a few small bugs around one of the screws. I thought they might be termites but upon further investigation, they weren't. Camera is coming soon.

No comments: